The Language Link Summer Camps 2017!
Students absorb language and culture through art, music, dance and fun in The Language Link summer camps! As we explore languages and cultures of the world we focus on one country per week. Helping tend in our Global Youth Garden is an integral part of each camp.
Pre-K – 7th Grade
Countries, artists, music, and dances we will explore in our Pre-K through 7th grade program are:
- July 10 – 14: The Dominican Republic, artist Candido Bido, Merengue music and dance
- July 17 – 21: Panama, art focus: the Embera people, El Tamborita music and dance
- July 24 – 28: Ecuador, artist Oswalkdo Guayansamin, El Sanjuanito music and dance
- July 31 – August 4: Belize, artist Sonia Falcone, Garifuna music and dance
- August 7 – 11: Honduras, artist Evy Pineda, La Punta music and dance
- August 14 – 18 Nicaragua, artist Alejandro Benito Cabrera, El Gueguense
- August 14 – 18: Photography in Spanish!(for rising 5th-8th graders)
Pre-K camps are for 3 to 5 year olds and are held at La Casita Feliz 1507 Queen Anne Avenue North. Choose 2, 3 or 5 days per week. Camps run from 9:30 to 1:00 pm. Camp fees are $100 – $240 per week.
K-7th Grade: The camp fee is $365 per week. Camps run from 9 am to 2 pm Monday – Friday at either John Hay Elementary or La Casita Feliz, salon B.
Please visit the registration page for more detailed information about our camps and to sign up now!